cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Purchase perpetual license

EA_10607325
3-Visitor

Purchase perpetual license

I have authority to buy a software but I don't have authority to buy subscription so if I buy a subscription based software then it is a mess for me every year to renew.

For reference apparently Matlab is available in perpetual for around $2K

How to buy perpetual license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:EA_10607325)

Software licenses are usually non-transferrable. It is buried in the fine print of the software agreement that no one reads.

The only time software licenses may be transferred is by the company entity being sold to another company.

I worked for a division of a company that was a large PTC customer. We had 50+ seats of Wildfire/PDMLink when the parent company sold our division to another company. The PTC licenses were then allowed to be transferred to the new parent corporate entity since the whole division had been sold.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for sharing, I already ready that.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

PTC does not sell perpetual licenses anymore, all of their software is available by subscription only.

You can do a multi-year subscription, which locks in the price.

Thanks for the reply, I have thought of another option:

Q1: if I find someone who has and wants to sell a license for Prime 6 which was the last version with perpetual license, will PTC help transfer the registration from his email to mine?

Q2: If yes, then will he also have to give me the install executable or will that be available from a login page, or can be downloaded from somwhere?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Software licenses are usually non-transferrable. It is buried in the fine print of the software agreement that no one reads.

The only time software licenses may be transferred is by the company entity being sold to another company.

I worked for a division of a company that was a large PTC customer. We had 50+ seats of Wildfire/PDMLink when the parent company sold our division to another company. The PTC licenses were then allowed to be transferred to the new parent corporate entity since the whole division had been sold.

Top Tags