cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

RE: Mathcad Fatal Error

aroberts
7-Bedrock

RE: Mathcad Fatal Error

I would appreciate it if anyone has a solution to this problem. I have never had this error before as far as I can recall and I have used Mathcad 15 (student version) for two years with no trouble. I am working on homework (plotting collected data points, nothing challenging here), when Mathcad suffers a fatal error and crashes. It prompts me to save my work but doesn't actually. It also gives me a "Warning", which really is useless at that point since Matlab becomes non-functional. I have included a screenshot.

matlab+crashes.jpg

I rely pretty heavily on mcad so any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:aroberts)

The first thing you should try is to repair the Mathcad installation.

Thank you for your suggestions. I did send a request through the academic support request. Unfortunatly running a repair did not solve the problem. I did fail to mention the the error occurs specifically when I try to edit the trace upon opening properties. I was trying to change the linetype but instead there is no content under the trace tab and mathcad just hangs up.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:aroberts)

Can you post the sheet so we can see if the problem is your installation or the worksheet?

Please attach your worksheet for testing.

Sorry for the delay, I did hear a response from the good folks at PTC who made the reccomendation to delete a particular file. I gues this was somehow corrupted. I just took the nuclear option and reinstalled it (remove it and reinstall). That fixed it.

Announcements

Top Tags