cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

READPRN() fails in 045 but works in 010

albertschepers
5-Regular Member

READPRN() fails in 045 but works in 010

I have a work sheet I use and it runs properly on a Windows 7 machine in Mathcad 010 but it fails to work in Mathcad 045 working on a Windows Surface book OS 10.

the command is

Any ideas?

Is this a problem in OS or changes to MathCAD from 010 to 045?

A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
albertschepers
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I did run the original worksheet using the direct reference and it does now work.

I suspect that the issue is Windows 10 which will hopefully get fixed in the upcoming release.  In the mean time I will need to rewrite my functions:

Thanks for your assistance.

A

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

What is the error message (the text in the yellow box that appears when you click your cursor in the first offending statement)?

I suspect that your windows 7 machine has access to your drive k:, while the OS 10 surface book hasn't.

Success!

Luc

albertschepers
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

The error is "can't open data file"

The drive is mapped correctly on both computers.

A

I can read a local prn file (from an older version of Mathcad) on my M045.

Stuart

albertschepers
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Which OS?

A

Windows 7 Ultimate

albertschepers
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

okay, that agrees with my experience, the Windows 7 works but windows 10 does not.  Also you confirm that the M045 on Windows 7 works just as my M010 does.

A

Can you access the file from using the file explorer on both computers and open it (as a text file, e.g.)?

Luc

albertschepers
5-Regular Member

Yes.

I am thinking that this issue is related to not being able to open  a worksheet to start Mathcad, the subject of a different thread.  The problem may be in the surface notebook settings.

A

Can you do a WRITEPRN() on the surface notebook to the k: drive?

Luc

albertschepers
5-Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestion.  I should have thought about doing this test, stupid of me, but I have and it appears that it is not writing to the file either.  I did a number of read and write tests to the local drive, mapped drive and the server reference.  The map drive is not working.

In this case the mapped drive and network reference are to the same location on the server.

A

But can you open this ".prn" file from your Desktop?

albertschepers
5-Regular Member

I edited my response as I thought I would try some other things as well.  See the screen image there.

Basically MathCAD does not like the mapped drive reference.  It can read and write to the direct network loaction though.

I suspect, more and more, that it is a windows 10 thing.  I will rewrite the references in my worksheet to the server  rather than a mapped drive to see what happens.

A

albertschepers
5-Regular Member

I did run the original worksheet using the direct reference and it does now work.

I suspect that the issue is Windows 10 which will hopefully get fixed in the upcoming release.  In the mean time I will need to rewrite my functions:

Thanks for your assistance.

A

Top Tags