cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

ROW OPERATION DOESN'T WORK! WHY?

RR_10728663
2-Guest

ROW OPERATION DOESN'T WORK! WHY?

I use matchad prime 8 and for some reason this row operation doesn't work I can't seem to figure out why

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:RR_10728663)

What do you expect e2(..) to be?
You never defined that function anywhere, so of course Prime does not know what to do.

Maybe you are trying to duplicate something from a source, where the author had defined a function e2( ) (obviously a function which should do some row operations on the input matrix). So you will have to look for that function definition and retype it as well in front of the failing expression.

EDIT: By chance I found it. You seem to work on the examples in the Prime help. Here the function e2( ) is defined and you have to copy the definition of that function to your worksheet so you use it. Its not a standard built-in function.

Once you copy it to your worksheet (anywhere above the first usage) you get the desired result:

Werner_E_0-1688658598204.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Please attach your Prime worksheet, not just a picture

Success!

Luc

the file is attached here 

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

@RR_10728663 wrote:

I use matchad prime 8 and for some reason this row operation doesn't work I can't seem to figure out why

Which row operation???

How would anybody be able to help without seeing how your function e2( ) is defined?

You don't even say which error message you get! Is it something along the line "variable not defined"? Then you may be another victim of Primes faulty auto-labelling.

So I only can second what Luc had written - attach your worksheet!

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

What do you expect e2(..) to be?
You never defined that function anywhere, so of course Prime does not know what to do.

Maybe you are trying to duplicate something from a source, where the author had defined a function e2( ) (obviously a function which should do some row operations on the input matrix). So you will have to look for that function definition and retype it as well in front of the failing expression.

EDIT: By chance I found it. You seem to work on the examples in the Prime help. Here the function e2( ) is defined and you have to copy the definition of that function to your worksheet so you use it. Its not a standard built-in function.

Once you copy it to your worksheet (anywhere above the first usage) you get the desired result:

Werner_E_0-1688658598204.png

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:Werner_E)

Some additional remarks:

The function e2 stems from the times of real Mathcad and was taken over in Prime without much thinking.
Even in real Mathcad it could have been written a bit simpler

Werner_E_0-1688668360880.png

Prime is one step (actually quite a lot of steps) backward but there are still some rare bits which can be considered an improvement. One of them is the introduction of the row selector. Using it the function can be written straightforward

Werner_E_1-1688668583639.png

Announcements

Top Tags