cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Range arguments are partially back in Mathcad Prime 8 ..

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Range arguments are partially back in Mathcad Prime 8 ..

Whilst playing around with some array extraction functions, I noticed that Mathcad Prime 8 partially restores Mathcad 15's ability to directly use ranges as function arguments.

2022 04 15 a.png

2022 04 15 b.png

2022 04 15 c.png

2022 04 15 d.png

2022 04 15 e.png

2022 04 15 f.png

Stuart

6 REPLIES 6

Here's vec modified to work in Mathcad Express 8 and operating over nested range arguments:

2022 04 17 a.png

I created an IsAtom function to determine whether an argument is a scalar, function or string and assumed that anything else potentially has multiple elements (ie, is an array or a range).  There have been several occasions when an IsRange function would have been nice.

With my usual unbridled optimism, I hope the ability to use simple ranges as functions arguments is a foretaste of things to come - that is, fully stepped ranges and arbitrary sequences as arguments.   Indeed, I'd like to see proper, arbitrary sequences as a new data type.

Stuart

This is strange, I was just about to reply to a reply but the reply has disappeared (the original email is in my mail app, so I have good reason to suspect that I wasn't hallucinating).   I suspect it may have been regarded as spam.   However, it did link to a somewhat relevant Prime 3.1 thread where I noted the breaking of sequences in for loops: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Prime-3-1-Problem-with-until-function/m-p/402110/highlight/true#M157785

89670_pastedImage_234

Still broken in Prime 8 ...

Stuart

@StuartBruff wrote:

This is strange, I was just about to reply to a reply but the reply has disappeared (the original email is in my mail app, so I have good reason to suspect that I wasn't hallucinating). 

It could have been  an automatically generated posting of a spam bot.

ezhou
12-Amethyst
(To:StuartBruff)

Hi StuartBruff,

Thanks for your attention!

This is to inform you that the reply you saw was removed as spam since the author edited his/her original reply and added a spam link into the post.

Thank you.

Regards

Emily

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:ezhou)

@ezhou wrote:

Hi StuartBruff,

Thanks for your attention!

This is to inform you that the reply you saw was removed as spam since the author edited his/her original reply and added a spam link into the post.

Thank you.

Regards

Emily

Thanks, Emily.   I suspected as much - the nice thing about the emails is that they preserve such evidence! 🙂

It's just strange that the first link was relevant ... 🤔

Stuart 

It's just strange that the first link was relevant ... 🤔

Its not strange strange, but it's a sign that these automated spam bots are getting better and better. Bad for us!

Top Tags