cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Re: How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

SD_10476072
4-Participant

Re: How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

As per the original post

Can someone help me to convert this file in mathcad 2020(mcdx)?

5 REPLIES 5

Mathcad 2020??

Guess you are using Prime. Which version? Thats important, especially if you are not using the latest version of Prime. If you are using Prime 6 or Prime 7 and someone converts your file with Prime 8, you would not be able to open it in your version.

If you are using Prime 7 or the current Prime 8, you can do the conversion yourself (if you are using the full version and not the free but limited Express). These versions of Prime include a converter which does not rely on a version of Mathcad 15 to be installed.

Its an opt-in. That means you must explicitly check the appropriate check box when you install Prime as by default the converter is not installed. You can re-run the installation to add the converter if you missed that when installing Prime.

BTW, its better to open a thread on your own rather than to add to a thread which is already marked as "solved". A new thread usually gets more attention.

SD_10476072
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

I have Prime 5. 

See if you can open the attached file.

One remark: The files uses units throughout and so I am wondering why the diagrams don't make use of them.

Instead of

Werner_E_0-1667408549255.png

I would use

Werner_E_1-1667408565337.png

EDIT: The new Prime (also applies to the current versions) is way not as capable as good old Mathcad. Many features are not available in Prime and so the converted file may need some rework and workarounds, E.g. simple things like Plot labels and captions are not implemented in Prime. You have to make your own by creating text regions and placing them manually at appropriate positions - no, thats not a joke, PTC is seriously giving this advice.

For your convenience I also attach a pdf of the original file so you see how things should look like. Page breaks may differ as I did not "print" to letter sized "paper".

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Doesn't open in Prime 5,

The attached one does.

Success!
Luc

SD_10476072
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you!

Top Tags