cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Regarding Mathcad automation using API / .NET

VijayN
5-Regular Member

Regarding Mathcad automation using API / .NET

Hi  - I am exploring the possibility of having the calculation logic in Mathcad file, and then having the .NET web app take the user inputs and then sends the input values to a Mathcad file running on the server, and then get back the calculation outputs from Mathcad - which will be displayed on the web app. 

- Does the Mathcad API support the above scenario? I tried to check this link - Getting Started with the PTC Mathcad API | PTC | Mathcad - But it is not opening for me in either Chrome or Edge. 

- When Mathcad is called, will the Mathcad run in the background - or for ex; in case of a .NET desktop app which is using Mathcad installed on that desktop,  can the user see the Mathcad window - when it is being called from the .NET code ? 

Regards

Vijay

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Viujay,

Look at help as a start in API programming.

Capture.JPG

VijayN
5-Regular Member
(To:VijayN)

I checked and found that the link - https://www.mathcad.com/en/blogs/getting-started-mathcad-api - is now opening. I will check this. 

Has anyone here used Mathcad API and know the answer to the below query. 

- When Mathcad is called, will the Mathcad run in the background - or for ex; in case of a .NET desktop app which is using Mathcad installed on that desktop,  can the user see the Mathcad window - when it is being called from the .NET code ? 

Announcements

Top Tags