cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Right gray bar

AlvaroDíaz
9-Granite

Right gray bar

13 REPLIES 13

I expect it's due to your Windows settings. I don't see such a bar on my system, with my settings.

I have not special setting, operating system it's vista and all are defaults from factory, or microsoft designers, what happen last.

Too many options to play changing them 🙂

See the same vertical bar in a recent screen dump:

Regards. Alvaro.
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:AlvaroDíaz)

The left grey bar is the portion of the menu bar
that allows a right click option of "hide" and
"customise". The latter is greyed out if there is no
customisation. It also acts as a handle for dragging
it to another position.
Philip Oakley

On 12/10/2009 6:01:18 PM, philipoakley wrote:
>The left grey bar ...

I'm sorry, I edit the post: vertical bar isn't in the left, is at the right side.

>is the portion of the menu bar that allows a right click ...

Right (!) vertical bar have not respond at any event, except probably closing Mathcad :.)

In the screen dump also see how the debug window have not this bar.

Regards. Alvaro.

Cursor changes (this is the event overObject), but nothing more hapen.

Also, the bar is only at full screen, not in window mode.

Regards. Alvaro.

I never use the default settings. They are always miserable, so I spend the time to customize my system to something useful. Your problem is between you and Windows, nothing to do with Mathcad.

On 12/10/2009 7:12:03 PM, Tom_Gutman wrote:
>I never use the default settings. They are always miserable, so I spend the time to customize my system to something useful.

Using default settings is usefull to show another peoples things that they can do in their own machines.

>Your problem is between you and Windows, nothing to do with Mathcad.

Mathcad is the only one program that I see that show this curious vertical bar at the right of the full screen. Maybe a particular windows setup, like extra large fonts in the default menu bars can make mathcad to show like other windows programs, but I don't go to try this kind of particular setup.

Regards. Alvaro.

On 12/10/2009 4:57:14 PM, Tom_Gutman wrote:
>I expect it's due to your Windows settings. I don't see such a bar on my system, with my settings.

Seeing your the maximize/restore button box in your attached screen dump, I note that you're using a normal client window, mathcad window isn't maximized to full screen. The Right gray vertical bar only appear at full screen mode.

Regards. Alvaro.

Looks to me like the document (the white part) isn't maximized within the program. Thus you might be seeing a gray background behind your active file.

Preston

Document is maximized, proof of that it's for the document window the midle button, which it is at the "restore" option button (two small windows) and not at maximize (one big window).

Regards. Alvaro.

For a variety of reasons I rarely use full screen mode on this terminal. But here is a picture of my MC14 maximized. Still no grey bar, and my normal resizing border is gone (IIRC, actually just off the screen).
(To:TomGutman)

I don't see it either, and my Windows (XP) settings are fairly normal. Is it unique to Vista perhaps?

Richard

On 12/11/2009 8:26:16 AM, rijackson wrote:

>Is it unique to Vista perhaps?

This is a good point, and then mathcad is the only software that suffers this mutation. If xp users don't have this issue, as you says probably there are a problem between vista and mathcad 14. I see this bar in other machines, but thinking better now reading your comment, all are windows vista, not xp.

For large screen resolutions the area could be very small, but for proyections, the usual resoltion remains as 800x600 and there are not well reasons to lost this screen area.

Regards. Alvaro.
Announcements

Top Tags