cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Rotate a quadrilateral in 3-D ? (cont.)

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Rotate a quadrilateral in 3-D ? (cont.)

Hi Everyone.

From the following:

vnam.PNG

With Werner's, Terry's, and Tokoro's suggestion in thread: "Rotate a quadrilateral in 3-D ?"
Terry's suggestion with the program function but without a plot of quadrilaterals on the Graph. And Tokoro's suggestion with the figure but without a program function! Even if having the screenshot of his program function but that have not helped much to everyone in forum:

Tokoro.PNG

So, now, I guess I should make a new thread, and from the following :

Rotate a quadrilateral (2).PNG

"How to Rotate a quadrilateral and, Plot Its Image and fill different color between two of quadrilateral on the Graph ?"
Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Best Regards.
Loi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:lvl107)

The question about how to rotate around the z-axis was already answered in the other thread!

Can it be that you are simply looking for a function like the following because you don't know how to apply the solution given here

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Rotate-a-quadrilateral-in-3-D/m-p/815637/highlight/true#M202315

to the structure you use to plot the quadrilateral?

Werner_E_0-1662162296353.png

zRot.gif

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

The question seems to get longer with each answer?

Capture.JPG

Hi, Terry. 

I follow your instruction like as:

Terry2.JPG

But I still get like as:

Loi2.PNG

Terry3.PNG

By the way, "How to 'Fill Surface' 2 quadrilaterals with fill different color for each one. ?" 

Best Regards.

Hi,

Try referencing just the file 220828-Quaternions.xmcd not self referencing 220828-UseQuaternions.xmcd.

You cannot put a reference to the same file as Mathcad will protest.

Cheers

Terry

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

The question about how to rotate around the z-axis was already answered in the other thread!

Can it be that you are simply looking for a function like the following because you don't know how to apply the solution given here

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Rotate-a-quadrilateral-in-3-D/m-p/815637/highlight/true#M202315

to the structure you use to plot the quadrilateral?

Werner_E_0-1662162296353.png

zRot.gif

Of course you can apply the function to any surface in the usual Mathcad structure

Werner_E_0-1662164717646.png

zrot2.gif

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Werner2.PNG

Yes, It's true. That is reason I'm here in forum to get help with my query with not clear or "because you don't know how to apply the solution given here". By the way, "how to get 7 "rotate" (7 other quadrilaterals in one program function) ?"

Best, Best Regards.

Loi.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Thanks again, for your help about Rotaion around z-axis, Terry, Werner, (and Tokoro). These are just what I wanted.

Tokoro2.PNG

Tokoro3.PNG

Best, Best Regards.
Loi.

Top Tags