cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Solve Block

ptc-5071035
1-Newbie

Solve Block

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight to this problem.

I'm attempting to use the solve block to simulataneously solve for 3 unknowns using 3 equations. When I try, it returns a "These units are not compatible" error on the last variable of the find function. It doesn't matter which variable is in the last spot, it is always that one that is incorrect.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the values. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5071035)

Isaac Cohen wrote:

Also, looking around I'm finding that people are saying that you shouldn't use variables with different units in find. I've tried adding a second find for the inductors, but it doesn't seem to help.

That's not an issue with Prime

Have a look at the attached. There was something wrong with your units., so I have divided R.min by ohms and it works. You have not allocated any units to Q.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Try removing the units from the variables which get square rooted.

Can you upload a worksheet?

Also, looking around I'm finding that people are saying that you shouldn't use variables with different units in find. I've tried adding a second find for the inductors, but it doesn't seem to help.

P.S. My reply post about the worksheet request is being moderated because I included a link to the worksheet. I'm not sure how to upload the worksheet otherwise.

EDIT: I figured it out. I tried using it without units by the way and it said there was no solution.

Sorry, I just found that I multiplied instead of divided!

My fault!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Isaac Cohen wrote:

Sorry, I just found that I multiplied instead of divided!

My fault!

Sorry can you explain.

The Q equation should have had L/C instead of L*C. You caught it.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Super. I'm glad you got your solution.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Isaac Cohen wrote:

That's not an issue with Prime

Have a look at the attached. There was something wrong with your units., so I have divided R.min by ohms and it works. You have not allocated any units to Q.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Isaac Cohen wrote:

P.S. My reply post about the worksheet request is being moderated because I included a link to the worksheet. I'm not sure how to upload the worksheet otherwise.

Well I have never heard of that before.

Top Tags