cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Symbolic Solution - Predefined Constants - gamma

DS_10024912
12-Amethyst

Symbolic Solution - Predefined Constants - gamma

I've got a symbolic equation using the gamma symbol.  It seems that after performing a symbolic solve gamma is now one of the built in predefined constants - in this case Euler-Mascheroni's constant,    Is there a way to override this?    The gamma symbol is commonly defined in many other ways. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:DS_10024912)

When you type in your equation and you type gamma, Prime assumes you mean the Euler-Mascheroni-constant and labels it as being constant.

You will have to re-label it as "Variable" to overcome this.

If you look closely you can see that its labeled as "Constant" as it gets set in bold face and in a dark green color (at least thats the default - you can change the look of the various labels if you like).

Werner_E_0-1684266316649.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:DS_10024912)

When you type in your equation and you type gamma, Prime assumes you mean the Euler-Mascheroni-constant and labels it as being constant.

You will have to re-label it as "Variable" to overcome this.

If you look closely you can see that its labeled as "Constant" as it gets set in bold face and in a dark green color (at least thats the default - you can change the look of the various labels if you like).

Werner_E_0-1684266316649.png

Thank you so much!

Announcements

Top Tags