cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Table Multiplication

BG_9641770
11-Garnet

Table Multiplication

Hi all I have a problem whereby I need to multiply one table by the other, I want to be able to show this so the excel function isn’t what I am after.

I keep getting the error as highlighted below in the fourth column  

Mast load is defined as - 1.538x10^4 N

Boom Load is defined as - 5.713x10^3 N

EW weight as - 227 N

Cantilever 1 as - 1.4x10^3N

BG_9641770_0-1614201872473.png

many thanks for the possible solutions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Always try to attach your worksheet.

From the pic its not clear if you changed the default value of ORIGIN (I supposed you changed it to be 1) and whyt kind of data structure "cantilever" really is.

I  guess that cantilever is a nested matrix, a matrix containing another matrix, and that cantilever[1 therefore is not a single scalar but a 1x1 matrix containing the value 1.4x10^3N.

We don't see how cantilever is defined. If its manually defined or the result of another calculation.
It may be that you once unintentionally type square brackets in your sheet. Doing so creates a matrix!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:BG_9641770)

That's not an error. It is an indication that the result of multiplication of those two table elements (Vector elements) is an array of one row and one column.

I should guess it is due to the fact that you have an index to the array 'Cantilever'.

If you attach the Prime worksheet (which you should ALWAYS do when asking a question on this forum), we can pinpoint exactly what the cause is.

Success!
Luc

Incidentally: To show the contents of that 1x1 matrix, you should uncheck 'collapse nested matrices' on the Matrices/Tables tab.

Always try to attach your worksheet.

From the pic its not clear if you changed the default value of ORIGIN (I supposed you changed it to be 1) and whyt kind of data structure "cantilever" really is.

I  guess that cantilever is a nested matrix, a matrix containing another matrix, and that cantilever[1 therefore is not a single scalar but a 1x1 matrix containing the value 1.4x10^3N.

We don't see how cantilever is defined. If its manually defined or the result of another calculation.
It may be that you once unintentionally type square brackets in your sheet. Doing so creates a matrix!

Thanks you are correct, will include my sheet next time thanks guys 

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:BG_9641770)

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

The same job could be done simpler (no ned for the rows selector):
Werner_E_0-1614454521221.png

and as de OP seems to have change ORIGIN to 1, it should rather read

Werner_E_1-1614454594396.png

But I guess the problem is already solve and was caused by accidentally typed square brackets.

Top Tags