cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Tags in Prime 9.0

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

Tags in Prime 9.0

Has anyone figured out the format to use the TAG tool when doing an internal link. 

The instructions seem to say the TAG is #xxx. But when I link to it a text box I don't get it to transfer to the TAG. Yes i am using [ctrl-click] .

In Mathcad 15 it was a useful tool to move around a multi-page worksheet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tag the region you want to go to with the tag button. Give it a tag like, say, "example"

Then somewhere else, when you create a link, you'd type in "#example" into the address field and then ctrl-click to get to it.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tag the region you want to go to with the tag button. Give it a tag like, say, "example"

Then somewhere else, when you create a link, you'd type in "#example" into the address field and then ctrl-click to get to it.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJNewman)

Thanks that works. I think what I was doing wrong was using the "#" as part of the TAG name so I should have been using "##example" as the link.

The very first time I was trying it myself, I did the same thing!

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

I actually did read the instructions and I thought that was what they were instructing me to do. Could made it more clear by showing an example.

I'll make a request for the Documentation team to make a video showing the tagging so we can embed that into Help. (The website version of Help.)

We're about to publish such a video for the new Text Styles.

DJNewman
17-Peridot

The Help page for Links and Tags has now been significantly improved.

GeoffD
13-Aquamarine

Thanks ! Much improved! 

Regards GeoffD

GeoffD
13-Aquamarine

It would be great if help documentation could be dynamically updated as this type of request comes in - should be easy as web-based. I had the same problem last night trying to work out how to use tags -  the help resource is extremely poor - a simple example would have gone a long way.

Top Tags