cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Tags in Prime 9.0

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

Tags in Prime 9.0

Has anyone figured out the format to use the TAG tool when doing an internal link. 

The instructions seem to say the TAG is #xxx. But when I link to it a text box I don't get it to transfer to the TAG. Yes i am using [ctrl-click] .

In Mathcad 15 it was a useful tool to move around a multi-page worksheet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tag the region you want to go to with the tag button. Give it a tag like, say, "example"

Then somewhere else, when you create a link, you'd type in "#example" into the address field and then ctrl-click to get to it.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tag the region you want to go to with the tag button. Give it a tag like, say, "example"

Then somewhere else, when you create a link, you'd type in "#example" into the address field and then ctrl-click to get to it.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:DJNewman)

Thanks that works. I think what I was doing wrong was using the "#" as part of the TAG name so I should have been using "##example" as the link.

The very first time I was trying it myself, I did the same thing!

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

I actually did read the instructions and I thought that was what they were instructing me to do. Could made it more clear by showing an example.

I'll make a request for the Documentation team to make a video showing the tagging so we can embed that into Help. (The website version of Help.)

We're about to publish such a video for the new Text Styles.

DJNewman
17-Peridot

The Help page for Links and Tags has now been significantly improved.

GeoffD
13-Aquamarine

Thanks ! Much improved! 

Regards GeoffD

GeoffD
13-Aquamarine

It would be great if help documentation could be dynamically updated as this type of request comes in - should be easy as web-based. I had the same problem last night trying to work out how to use tags -  the help resource is extremely poor - a simple example would have gone a long way.

Top Tags