cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Text font options missing from Prime 7 (superscript and subscript)

TikkaMasala
11-Garnet

Text font options missing from Prime 7 (superscript and subscript)

Hi

After converting some Mathcad 15 sheets to Prime 7, I noted that all subscripts in texts were converted to plain text font. There are some text editing tools in Prime 7, but I think possibility of usage of subscripts and superscripts in texts is must. I really hope these font options will be possible in near future...

Or have I missed some way to get these font options working in Prime 7?

As attached is a screenshot from Mathcad 15 where these font types were available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TikkaMasala wrote:

Hi

After converting some Mathcad 15 sheets to Prime 7, I noted that all subscripts in texts were converted to plain text font. There are some text editing tools in Prime 7, but I think possibility of usage of subscripts and superscripts in texts is must. I really hope these font options will be possible in near future...

As attached is a screenshot from Mathcad 15 where these font types were available.

I believe they might be scheduled for one of the next 3 releases - https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/PTC-Mathcad-Prime-Roadmap-2021-update/m-p/738684 or 

The only ways around it that I've found are to use the Unicode subscript characters (if they exist for the character of your choice) or to change the font size to at least indicate they're not "main" characters.

The Unicode characters are not all grouped together in one Unicode block; they're scattered around according to the seeming whim of the Unicode committee.   Fortunately, the most common maths subscripts are available.  However, you've got to choose your font wisely; because of the mixed grouping, and the choices of the font designers, you can find that their sizes and positioning may vary.

2022 04 13 a.png

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@TikkaMasala wrote:

Hi

I believe they might be scheduled for one of the next 3 releases - https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/PTC-Mathcad-Prime-Roadmap-2021-update/m-p/738684 or 

The only ways around it that I've found are to use the Unicode subscript characters (if they exist for the character of your choice) or to change the font size to at least indicate they're not "main" characters.

The Unicode characters are not all grouped together in one Unicode block; they're scattered around according to the seeming whim of the Unicode committee.   Fortunately, the most common maths subscripts are available.  However, you've got to choose your font wisely; because of the mixed grouping, and the choices of the font designers, you can find that their sizes and positioning may vary.

2022 04 13 a.png

Stuart

Find attached the Mathcad Prime Express 7.0 worksheet that contains the subscript characters - makes it easier to copy and paste them.

Stuart

Top Tags