cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

These units are not compatible

OA_10103826
1-Newbie

These units are not compatible

I can't find the problem, everything else has been working except this one for some reason

Screenshot_3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@OA_10103826 wrote:

No, the error is at first a unit mismatch and after you add the units as I already described you get a "no solution found" error. So it looks that both of my guesses from above apply.

So you must add the units and then you have to check your equations because I tried a couple of different angles and none yields a solution!

It looks to me that you are trying to intersect a small circle and a much larger hyperbola which have no common points, so the solve block fails!

Werner_E_1-1674092339569.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You should attach the Prime sheet itself, not just a pdf and a picture.

We don't even see what the error message is.

Best guess is that for one of the angles in the vector Phi the solve block fails to find a solution.

EDIT: I see that you have "hidden" the error message in the topic of the thread - a unit mismatch.

So my next guess is that you have to add units to the zero and also to the 0.2 in "(0 - x.F)" and in "(y.F - 0.2)".

@OA_10103826 wrote:

No, the error is at first a unit mismatch and after you add the units as I already described you get a "no solution found" error. So it looks that both of my guesses from above apply.

So you must add the units and then you have to check your equations because I tried a couple of different angles and none yields a solution!

It looks to me that you are trying to intersect a small circle and a much larger hyperbola which have no common points, so the solve block fails!

Werner_E_1-1674092339569.png

It's a stupid exam thing, there can be so many things wrong and its just math there that i need to figure out, change numbers and +/-

So thank you

Welp it fixed that error, but now I get no solution found, but I'm guessing thats on my part, thank you

@OA_10103826 wrote:

Welp it fixed that error, but now I get no solution found, but I'm guessing thats on my part, thank you

Yes, see my reply above.

It looks that maybe O4f is too small or EF too large, so the circle and the hyperbola don't intersect. The formulas needs some checking.

Top Tags