cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Trouble Opening Old Mathcad Files Created using 3.1

JG_10548611
3-Visitor

Trouble Opening Old Mathcad Files Created using 3.1

Good evening,

I am a new user trying to open some old files the creator informed me were made with Prime 3.1.

I installed Mathcad 8.0, but am unable to open the files.

The files are available in an article on a technical hobby site at https://www.qsl.net/g3wzt/g3wzt1.html where download links are provided. I downloaded the files, extracted the zipped ones and tried to open them but wasn't able to. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am a newbie, so I apologize for any goof ups.

Regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:JG_10548611)

Here you go- Prime 8

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please post the Mathcad file you have extracted and unzipped (one that Prime 8 failed to open.)

Thanks Fred.

The files I see on the referenced site stem from a very old Mathcad version prior to Prime, not from Prime 3.1. The site says that the are from Mathcad 7 (this NOT Prime 7!)

When you installed Prime 8 you should have seen an option to additionally install a converter for legacy files. If you missed that and didn't install it, you can run the installer again and add the converter.

If the converter is installed, you can use it to convert the files to Prime format (menu ribbon "Input/Output").

Often converted files won't run OK after conversion and need some manual rework because Prime is not as capable as old mathcad and is missing a lot of features. But I had a look at some of the files at this site and so far as I could see they are rather basic (concerning the usage of Mathcad features) and so should hopefully run OK after conversion.

If you experience troubles feel free to come back here and ask again.

Thanks for your help Werner. I truly appreciate everyone's kindness here.

Cheers

John

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:JG_10548611)

Here you go- Prime 8

Thanks a million mate, I appreciate this.

Regards

John

Top Tags