cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Undefined variable and explicit all

FH_10621200
3-Visitor

Undefined variable and explicit all

Hi!

I am experiencing an error that states: This variable is undefined, even though it is.

What is the problem here?

I am running Prime 8.

/Frederik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've been caught on this one before.  First on the Calculation Tab under Calculation Options, activate "Units/Constants in Symbolics".  Then in the same tab, hit Calculate.

I have made that change to your document and entered some dummy values.  It works now.

Bob

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I've been caught on this one before.  First on the Calculation Tab under Calculation Options, activate "Units/Constants in Symbolics".  Then in the same tab, hit Calculate.

I have made that change to your document and entered some dummy values.  It works now.

Bob

Hi Bob!

Wow, thanks for a quick answer. It did solve SOME problem. But now a new one occurs.. "This value must be real"

Thats what it ways when I input data to the variables.

Please see the attached screenshot, its from page 2/7 in the worksheet.

I hope you can figure it out, i believe in you!

/Frederik

The problem is the acos() expression you use. With the values provided, the argument is greater than 1 (1.15) and so the angle is non-real. You have to provide a real angel, hence the error.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:FH_10621200)

Use -> before =.

image.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:FH_10621200)

LucMeekes_1-1678993270654.png

Success!
Luc

Hi Luc. I know how to input data to my variables, however this is not my problem. When I fill in data, it still gives me an error.

RantEng
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

I noticed the missing variables too.  When I entered dummy values, I had the problem that Fredrick referenced.  That is why my response about Units/Constants in Symbolics.  That is what ultimately solved the problem.

Please see my comment on your answer, thanks.

Top Tags