cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Unit in Plot - How to change the unit A/m to Oe in X axis in a plot

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member

Unit in Plot - How to change the unit A/m to Oe in X axis in a plot

Hi Community friends,

Please see the attached calculation sheet, in which I descripted my question. Appreciates... This problem had been haunting my mind for a long time

The revision is Mathcad 15.0 (M050 []). My OS is Win 10 family basic.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When plotting with units, its always a good idea to use a range variable for the abscissa values and not rely on Mathcads quickplot feature.

Define a range for the H.DC values (note, that when you define a range with units you have to specify all three values (first, second and last value) and apply the correct unit to each of them:

Werner_E_0-1628368698349.png

In the plot you don't have to specify the left- and rightmost values, you can leave the placeholders empty - the plot will use the limits of the range. But if you specify the limits in the plot, you have to do it without units!

Now for the way to let the H.DC values be displayed in Oe rather than the default units. In the placeholder for the abscissa values type H.DC and divide it by the desired unit, so you type H.DC/Oe. This should do the trick.

Also in the placeholders for the markers you must use scalars without units, so you have to use just "100" for the vertical marker and not "100 Oe".

Then you may format the plot by hiding the arguments, just showing the labels for each axis and you also may turn off "auto grid" for the y-axis and chose a more appropriate number of intervals:

Werner_E_3-1628369314874.png

Mathcad 15 sheet attached.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When plotting with units, its always a good idea to use a range variable for the abscissa values and not rely on Mathcads quickplot feature.

Define a range for the H.DC values (note, that when you define a range with units you have to specify all three values (first, second and last value) and apply the correct unit to each of them:

Werner_E_0-1628368698349.png

In the plot you don't have to specify the left- and rightmost values, you can leave the placeholders empty - the plot will use the limits of the range. But if you specify the limits in the plot, you have to do it without units!

Now for the way to let the H.DC values be displayed in Oe rather than the default units. In the placeholder for the abscissa values type H.DC and divide it by the desired unit, so you type H.DC/Oe. This should do the trick.

Also in the placeholders for the markers you must use scalars without units, so you have to use just "100" for the vertical marker and not "100 Oe".

Then you may format the plot by hiding the arguments, just showing the labels for each axis and you also may turn off "auto grid" for the y-axis and chose a more appropriate number of intervals:

Werner_E_3-1628369314874.png

Mathcad 15 sheet attached.

MC盗版用户
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Hi Werner,

BIG help. Thanks. The result is what I want to get. Understand the details what you said. Thank you again!

Top Tags