cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unknown error: symbolic_engine_unresponsive

아김_10296267
3-Visitor

Unknown error: symbolic_engine_unresponsive

이미지 2022. 5. 4. 10.44.jpg

When I try to use the symbolic operation function, the message 'Unknown error: symbolic_engine_unresponsive' appears and it is not working properly.

8 REPLIES 8

@아김_10296267 wrote:

이미지 2022. 5. 3. 15.02.jpg

When I try to use the symbolic operation function, the message 'Unknown error: symbolic_engine_unresponsive' appears and it is not working properly.

1. What's the symbol in between the "x" and the "8"?

2. What version of Mathcad are you using?

3. Do you get the same result if you type the expression into a blank worksheet?

4. Can you post the worksheet (sometimes, there are things that affect a result but which aren't visible from a screenshot)?

I've tried using "+" and "-" for the invisible operator, in both Mathcad Prime 7 and Mathcad Prime 8.  Both seem to work.

StuartBruff_0-1651569085971.png

(It's possible you might have an installation or an internationalization problem, though)

Stuart

1. It wasn't shown in the screenshot, but I used the '+' symbol.
2. The version I use is 8.0.0.
3. Yes, the same problem occurs when i type in a new worksheet.
4. I will upload the worksheet file.

Additionally, the same problem occurs when i reinstall the program.

Thank you.

我也遇到了相同的问题,不知道你解决了没有,谁能告诉我

Please upload your Mathcad Prime worksheet here.

I uploaded the worksheet.

Thank you.

Just re-calculation.

@아김_10296267 wrote:

이미지 2022. 5. 4. 10.44.jpg

This is what your worksheet shows on my UK (British) Mathcad Prime 8 installation *before* I recalculate it:

2022 05 04 a.png

And here's what it shows *after* recalculation.

2022 05 04 b.png

If you're a PTC maintenance customer, I suggest raising the problem with their Help desk.

If you're using a Korean(?) installation, it would be useful if any other Korean users could say what they see.  (I'm not sure whether @ttokoro used a Japanese installation or has access to a Korean installation)

In the meantime, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling Mathcad Prime.

Stuart

我也遇到了同样的情况

Top Tags