cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unstable file in older Mathcad version, can anyone help me convert it to new one

abajracharya
1-Newbie

Unstable file in older Mathcad version, can anyone help me convert it to new one

I have an unstable file in older Mathcad version. Can I request for help to convert it to new one ? When I open the file it crashes Mathcad (please see the screen shot below). I can email the file (I am not allowed to post it publicly).

17 REPLIES 17

Which version of Mathcad are you using (including service pack)?

Hi Richard,

This is what I can find in Help -> About

Mathcad 15.0 (15.0.0.436 [006041742])

Regards,

Aman

Download and install the latest release of MC15, which you can find here: http://www.ptc.com/engineering-math-software/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you. You have the very first release of MC15, so the newer version may fix the problem.

Make sure you back up your license file before upgrading (something you should do anyway!)

You are using F000 service release and the latest at this moment is M045.

To run Mathcad 15, the following Microsoft components are required:

• Microsoft .NET Framework® 3.5 or later;
  • MSXML 4.0 SP2 Pareser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required);
  • Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.

MC15_system_requirements.png

Hi all,

Installed the latest version ( Mathcad 15.0 (M045 [MC15_M045_20151202)), still doesn't solve the problem. The file still crashes. When I open the Mathcad file in text format, the first line is ".MCAD 306000000", does that revel what Mathcad version was used to open this up? I am thinking that if I use the same Mathcad version, it would open.

Can you post the file here (click on "Use Advanced Editor" at the top right of the edit dialog, then you can attach a file to your post)?

Can I email it to you instead (I am not sure if I can post it publicly)

This occurs only with this file?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:abajracharya)

Yes, the numbers after ".MCAD 3" generally indicate the version of MathCad that the file was saved to.

In this case you're looking at version 6.

I (can) still have that running.

Luc

Yes the problem only happens with this file and not other ones. Hi Luc, I have emailed the file to you.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I'm working on it. It's not as simple as I thought.

I'll be back with news.

Luc

Thank you for trying, hopefully it works.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Hmm,  Mathcad 6 doesn't open the file, it complains it's from a newer version.

It appears that the signature ".MCAD 306000000" belongs to Mathcad 7.

I have downloaded a reader for that (Mathcad Explorer 7), but it doesn't install.

I have a reader for Mathcad 8 (Mathcad Explorer 😎 and it simply doesn't open the file (no contents shown, no error message).

And I've tried Mathcad 2000 and Mathcad 11, they both "Fail to open document".

The conclusion is: the file is corrupt and can't be read.

Sorry.

Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

MC2000 or MC11 (or even MC15!) should open a MC6 or MC7 file just fine, so I think your conclusion must be correct. Unfortunately, the binary nature of the file means that even if there's useful material in there it can't be recovered (unlike the later XML format).

What if you try to convert the file into a ".mcdx" format?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

How? Mathcad 15 can't open it, so there is no way to convert it.

It is interesting what the error it shows converter.

Top Tags