cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Updating Readexcel data

gpommeranz
6-Contributor

Updating Readexcel data

I'm having an issue with the "Readexcel" command in Mathcad Prime 3.0. I have an Excel spreadsheet that contains several cells of data that I'm importing into my Mathcad worksheet. My problem is that once Mathcad reads the Excel file I can't enter a new value in the Excel sheet and get Mathcad to import it without deleting the existing readexcel input and reentering it. I've tried closing and reopening the document to no avail. Is there a way to get Mathcad to reevaluate the input without deleting it and starting over?

The cells I'm reading are part of a larger Excel worksheet and it would be easier to leave it as it's own worksheet rather than an embedded object in Mathcad.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Doesn't a recalculation of the Prime worksheet (Ctrl-F9) do the trick? In contrary to Mathcad a sheet is not recalculated when you open a worksheet but just shows the results of the last recalculation before the laste save of the sheet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Doesn't a recalculation of the Prime worksheet (Ctrl-F9) do the trick? In contrary to Mathcad a sheet is not recalculated when you open a worksheet but just shows the results of the last recalculation before the laste save of the sheet.

gpommeranz
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks, I figured there was a way to do a recalculation in Prime. I discovered my issue was that after making a change in the Excel worksheet, I didn't save it. Once I saved it and then did a recalculation in Prime, the new value was read.

Glad that it works now. The shortcuts F9 (recalc region) and Ctrl-F9 (recalc whole sheet) are shortcuts from real Mathcad (MC15 and below) and still work in Prime.

Prime seems to propagate Ctrl-F5 for recalculation of the sheet, though.

Top Tags