cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Upgrade to MC15?

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant

Upgrade to MC15?

All --

Haven't been around for a while, but just popped in and noticed v15 is live. I searched the forum (no easy task) looking for some in-depth threads on MC15, but didn't have any luck. I also looked at the PTC data sheet for MC15, but it really just touts features, most of which I don't need. So I am wondering what the general consensus on 15 is.

1. Is there a list of bug fixes somewhere?
  2. Specifically, has the reversed-axis disappearing points plot bug been fixed?
  3. Has plot capability been significantly improved?
  4. Anything else I should be aware of?
  5. If this has already been covered in another thread, could someone point me to it?

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Matt

10 REPLIES 10

Moe Szyslak wrote:

I also looked at the PTC data sheet for MC15, but it really just touts features, most of which I don't need. So I am wondering what the general consensus on 15 is.

From what I have read 15 is essentially 14 with more hooks into PTC's other products and, as you noted above, features that we may or may not use.

There is (currently, shortly to expire) a reduced-price upgrade with a one-year maintenance agreement built-in, with patch access for that year.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:MoeSzyslak)

Moe Szyslak wrote:

All --

Haven't been around for a while, but just popped in and noticed v15 is live. I searched the forum (no easy task) looking for some in-depth threads on MC15, but didn't have any luck. I also looked at the PTC data sheet for MC15, but it really just touts features, most of which I don't need. So I am wondering what the general consensus on 15 is.

2. Specifically, has the reversed-axis disappearing points plot bug been fixed?
  3. Has plot capability been significantly improved?
  4. Anything else I should be aware of?
  5. If this has already been covered in another thread, could someone point me to it?

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Matt

Matt,

What we know so far.

>Mathcad 14 & 15 cannot exist on the same computer.

>Mathcad 15 is not compatible with Excel 2010, but is with 2007

Regarding bugs I'm not sure, after finding out the above I have no intention of upgrading.

Mike

Sounds like I will have to run MC15 in a VM with Office 2007 and install MC14 to my main.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:BenjaminLee)

Benjamin Lee wrote:

Sounds like I will have to run MC15 in a VM with Office 2007 and install MC14 to my main.

Or don't bother with the upgrade at all.

Mike

Re: "Mathcad 15 is not compatible with Excel 2010, but is with 2007"

I've just upgraded to M15 and it seems to be compatible with Excel 2010 for me - at least, WRITEEXCEL and READEXCEL seem to work ok (though I can't see how to write data that doesn't begin at cell A1).

stv

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

Alan Stevens wrote:

I've just upgraded to M15 and it seems to be compatible with Excel 2010 for me - at least, WRITEEXCEL and READEXCEL seem to work ok (though I can't see how to write data that doesn't begin at cell A1).

stv

Alan,

Haven't got Mathcad 15 just referring to Mona's comments, see http://communities.ptc.com/message/148807#148807.

Does a 2010 embedded Excel object work within M15?

Alan Stevens wrote:

(though I can't see how to write data that doesn't begin at cell A1).

You can't specify a range with the WRITEEXCEL function, but can with READEXCEL.

MIke

Does a 2010 embedded Excel object work within M15

Works ok if you create the spreadsheet directly in Mathcad, but doesn't seem to like picking up an existing one! It happily picks up an existing spreadsheet that's been saved from Excel2010 in an earlier format.

Alan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

Alan Stevens wrote:

Works ok if you create the spreadsheet directly in Mathcad, but doesn't seem to like picking up an existing one! It happily picks up an existing spreadsheet that's been saved from Excel2010 in an earlier format.

Alan

Not the end of the world, but still not right.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MoeSzyslak)

Not that I know of.

1. Specifically, has the reversed-axis disappearing points plot bug been fixed?

No.

And my cursor in this dialog box has disappeared, AGAIN! In addition to that bug, I notice that when I reply to elements of a numbered list it changes all the numbers to 1, and I can't see a way to even delete the number!

1. Has plot capability been significantly improved?

Whatever you have been smoking, I'd like some.

1. Anything else I should be aware of?

Yes. Based on the fact that you even asked question number 3 (now number 1, like all the others) the cloud level in your area is clearly well below your neck. If you have not already done so, hold your hands out in front of you when moving forwards, or you are likely to walk into a lamppost.

MoeSzyslak
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

Richard -- thanks. It's good to be back. Matt

Top Tags