cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Upgrade to Prime 8 from Prime 6

ST_7977370
1-Newbie

Upgrade to Prime 8 from Prime 6

I need to upgrade numerous computers, all of which have licenses for Prime 6. We have Mathcad Professional licenses which we get to upgrade to Prime 8.  My questions are.....  What are the steps to upgrade to Prime 8? Do I need a new license or can I use the same license that is on the current laptop using Prime 6? Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
ppal
17-Peridot
(To:ST_7977370)

I my case every version upgrade needs the licence server to be updated and any home user licence requires new local licence.

But our business has an on going paid maintenance contract with the supplier. So in that sense costs no extra, Your mileage (or kilometerage) may vary.

So while we have mathcad installed on a large number of computers the number of licences are only a percentage of the installed base and the software gets a licence from the server when needed. As long as not too many people use the software at once all is good.

So if you have a large install base but small user base at any gioven time you may explore this licence arrangement.

Announcements

Top Tags