cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

User Defined Units Help!

ptc-6772615
1-Newbie

User Defined Units Help!

I am new to mathcad and I am just starting to play with simple problems first to learn the necessary interactions with the program to achieve desired goals. I am working on a very simple problem that starts as seen below.

Life_Expectancy:=10yr

CyclesPerYear:=21900cycles

Total_Cycles:=Life_Expectancy*CyclesPerYear=

With this mathcad can not compute the Total Cycles and does not display cycles as a unit. I have highlighted cycles and changed it to units to no avail. I have also tried changing the term cycles to wipes and iteration but neither worked. What am I missing to make this simple problem work? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

I noticed an error in my previous message. The variable CyclesPerYear:=21900cycles/yr is the way it was actually written so that the units worked out.

cycles.png

Thank you,

When I perform this operation I do not get the units to auto-populate for Total_Cycles. Is there something I am still missing?

Prime 3 does not automatically recognise units, if you type "yr" it will be a variable unless you declare it a unit.

One of the "enhancements" we're wrestling with

Ian Kelsey wrote:

Thank you,

When I perform this operation I do not get the units to auto-populate for Total_Cycles. Is there something I am still missing?

You must youself insert this pseudounit Cycle in the end of the numerical answer.

Top Tags