cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Using MathCAD Prime

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Using MathCAD Prime

I have been a long time user of MathCAD. v15 is great for calculationa but poor on reports. Prime appears to have been an improvement on the report writing. For this reason I have started to learn how the program works. One of options I have been using is eBooks. I is great at organizing information and reports in MathCAD. One functions that is particulaly helpful is hyper linking. Does Prime have this functions? Thanks for the help in advance. David Tg

11 REPLIES 11
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:tietjee)

ebooks are not supported in Prime 1.0. I don't know what the timeline is for including them.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tietjee)

You could always put your Mathcad work into Word.

Mike

Hyperlinks are not part of Mathcad Prime 1.0. They will be implemented in Mathcad Prime 2.0 or 3.0. You can use hyperlinks to create a table of contents that links to other worksheets, to make an Electronic Book.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

Hyperlinks are part of Mathcad Prime 1.0. They will be implemented in Mathcad Prime 2.0 or 3.0. You can use hyperlinks to create a table of contents that links to other worksheets, to make an Electronic Book.

Mona,

Are you saying they are part of Prime 1.0 or being implemented in 2.0 or 3.0?

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for catching that. I fixed my earlier message. I guess I was typing too quickly.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Thanks for catching that. I fixed my earlier message. I guess I was typing too quickly.

No problem. Unfortunately I never have the problem of misspelling due to quick typing

Mike

I have Mathcad Prime 2.0 and don't see the implementation of hyperlinks, will this be in Prime 3.0? When hyperlinks are implemented will the mathcad conversion program carry over the hyperlinks when converting older mathcad programs that contain hyperlinks?

Hyperlinks are on the roadmap, but I'm not sure if they will make it into Mathcad Prime 3.0 or not.

Part of implementing any feature is ensuring that the feature converts from earlier versions of Mathcad into Mathcad Prime.

Mona

jeffreyianni
5-Regular Member

Prime 4.0 and still no hyperlinks!

jeffreyianni
5-Regular Member

What's the status on this 8 years later?

Still no Hyperlinks in Prime 5.

And Mona had left PTC a long time ago.
Top Tags