cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

What is wrong with this calculation in Prime 8 (worked with Prime 7)?

Manfred_F
6-Contributor

What is wrong with this calculation in Prime 8 (worked with Prime 7)?

This does not work:

Manfred_F_0-1686725041464.png

Error message says "variable not defined". But this works:

Manfred_F_1-1686725094064.png

The intention was to add an entry to the matrix at the end.

This is quite odd, experimenting I found this works without the "=" sign:

Manfred_F_2-1686725579080.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can confirm that its the inline evaluation (the = after the assignment) which causes the error. Contrary to the error message is has nothing to do with the labelling ("Beschriftung") of the variable.

This inline evaluation does not make much sense as it would juts repeat the row vector which is assigned. Nonetheless IMHO it SHOULD work and so I would say that you found a bug in Prime. You may report it to PTC support.

Here a simple example demonstrating the bug in Prime 9:

Werner_E_1-1686737934959.png

Its a new bug as it worked OK in Prime 6

Werner_E_2-1686738154338.png

I don't have Prime7 installed so I cannot tell if the bug is already present in this version, too, but you report it in P8 and its still not fixed in Prime 9.

EDIT: Just noticed that you wrote in the subject that it worked OK in Prime 7. So the bug was introduced with P8 and it came to stay 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Manfred_F)

It is hard to debug a picture. Please attach your worksheet.

Success!
Luc

I can confirm that its the inline evaluation (the = after the assignment) which causes the error. Contrary to the error message is has nothing to do with the labelling ("Beschriftung") of the variable.

This inline evaluation does not make much sense as it would juts repeat the row vector which is assigned. Nonetheless IMHO it SHOULD work and so I would say that you found a bug in Prime. You may report it to PTC support.

Here a simple example demonstrating the bug in Prime 9:

Werner_E_1-1686737934959.png

Its a new bug as it worked OK in Prime 6

Werner_E_2-1686738154338.png

I don't have Prime7 installed so I cannot tell if the bug is already present in this version, too, but you report it in P8 and its still not fixed in Prime 9.

EDIT: Just noticed that you wrote in the subject that it worked OK in Prime 7. So the bug was introduced with P8 and it came to stay 😉

Top Tags