cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

What's the future?

JPJ_C
2-Guest

What's the future?

Does anyone have a clue as to the future of Mathcad? Will there be a Prime 6? I've been a user since 2.0 and have purchased many versions for work and personal use, but between the new license policy and the lack of progress since 15, I'm about to give up. Unfortunately, version 14 was the last I purchased for personal use. I'd pay the $600 to get 15 if the license was perpetual. 

I wish PTC would retain the rights to integrate the Mathcad software with their other products and sell off the rights to develop the stand alone program to another company.  What a shame.

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:JPJ_C)

I fear there will be Prime 6 one day or the other and I have no hope that this version will be less useless and misty than the Prime versions before it. PTC seems neither able nor willing to deliver a decent product.

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:JPJ_C)

"I wish PTC would retain the rights to integrate the Mathcad software with their other products and sell off the rights to develop the stand alone program to another company.  What a shame."

That would be a good start but PTC doesn't seem to be interested in technological progress but rather in cashing opportunities.

Top Tags