cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Why doesn't this array display?

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Why doesn't this array display?

JohnRudnicki_0-1640210389604.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Opened the file in Mathcad 15 and the arrays do display (needed to rearrange and separate the regions):

Werner_E_1-1640212093868.png

As you also have troubles with the 2D-plots it looks like a broken installation.
Are you able to display other arrays? Can you display a small matrix which normally would display as matrix in table view?

Have you tried to install Mathcad on a fresh new system (e.g. in a virtual machine). Don't forget about the preliminaries which Luc already posted in the other thread of yours.

I don't really think that it will help, but I resaved the file (MC11 format) and attached it here. Just give it a try.

P.S.: I just noticed that the values blow the plots and above the tables are different compared to your screenshot!? Probably you had changed some input values before posting the file.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Opened the file in Mathcad 15 and the arrays do display (needed to rearrange and separate the regions):

Werner_E_1-1640212093868.png

As you also have troubles with the 2D-plots it looks like a broken installation.
Are you able to display other arrays? Can you display a small matrix which normally would display as matrix in table view?

Have you tried to install Mathcad on a fresh new system (e.g. in a virtual machine). Don't forget about the preliminaries which Luc already posted in the other thread of yours.

I don't really think that it will help, but I resaved the file (MC11 format) and attached it here. Just give it a try.

P.S.: I just noticed that the values blow the plots and above the tables are different compared to your screenshot!? Probably you had changed some input values before posting the file.

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Hi Werner,

Thanks for taking a look.

I tried a small array as you suggest. It displayed in matrix format but not as a table. It does seem that I have a faulty installation.  I did successfully re-install MC 14 on Windows 10 a while ago when I had to replace my computer. Not sure what went wrong this time but I will try re-installing again taking account of Luc's suggestions. 

I tried the MC 11 version that you re-saved but got the same result.

Not sure about the slightly different values. I  do not remember changing anything but I could have. When I run the MC 11 worksheet you sent, I get the same values as in the screenshot (and in MC 14). Could MC 15 be giving  slightly different results?

Happy Holidays!

Not sure about the slightly different values. I  do not remember changing anything but I could have. When I run the MC 11 worksheet you sent, I get the same values as in the screenshot (and in MC 14). Could MC 15 be giving  slightly different results?

It is be possible that they made changes in the algorithm used in the Radau function which then is responsible for the difference in the values but I am nor sure about that and I could not find any mention of a a change in the Radau function in the release notes of MC15.
I see that Stuarts screenshot shows the same values as I see - obviously he is using MC15, too and not MC14. I don't have an instance of MC14 installed so I can't give it a try.

But the main problem still remains the problem with your MC14 installation. I guess you are not under maintenance and so contacting PTC support may not be an option.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

@Werner_E wrote:

I see that Stuarts screenshot shows the same values as I see - obviously he is using MC15, too and not MC14. 

Yes, I've just installed Prime on a new laptop and expected it to be a normal Express.   To my surprise, I've got (another) 30-day trial, so took the opportunity to have one last tango with M15.

I've got a potential Rosetta Code entry that I'm editing slightly that makes use of an M15, but ex-Prime, capability.

Stuart

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Re: Slight difference in values. I looked at this more carefully and, yes, I must have changed a parameter slightly after taking the screen shot and attaching the worksheet - as you expected.

FYI: I am not sure how, but I do have a running version of MC14 although I have been unable to install M020. I will wait until next week when our computer tech guy gets back and see if he can help with installation.

Thanks for your help and best wishes for a Happy New Year!

@JohnRudnicki wrote:

JohnRudnicki_0-1640210389604.png

Just some additional images to Werner's:

Worksheet before S4 evaluation is complete:

2021 12 22 a.png

S4 brought to the front:

2021 12 22 b.png

S4 evaluation dragged down a few lines:

2021 12 22 c.png

S4 display changed from Automatic to Matrix:

2021 12 22 d.png

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for taking a look. I am still having the same problem - see my reply to Werner.

Happy Holidays!

Top Tags