cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Wide white line on the top of workspace Mathcad Prime 5.0

dtn555888
4-Participant

Wide white line on the top of workspace Mathcad Prime 5.0

I downloaded a free 30-day full-featured trial version of Mathcad Express from the site. After installation and some working time in it, I noticed that the top edge of the working window gradually turns into a wide white line (this happens when mathcad is constantly turned on from the taskbar in the process).
After some time, it becomes simply impossible to work, because This white line narrows the workplace very much.
What could be the reason and how to fix it?

after.JPGbefore.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dtn555888
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

It is bad that there is no complete solution to this problem yet. However, I noticed one thing. If the match does not unfold to full screen, but, instead, try to stretch it in a convenient way (as wide as possible, without approaching the edges of the monitor), then this problem disappears. At least my height of the white line has disappeared. I switched to the work area of the Mathcad from the taskbar about 100 times. Let other users try to do the same. Hope this helps.

P.S. Work in this mode is quite comfortable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:dtn555888)

You are not the first to report this. It's been reported before for Prime 4:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/MathCAD-Prime-4-0-Title-Bar-expands-into-workspace

So far no (real) solution other than to save the worksheet, close Prime, and then restart Prime. That would be a great moment to backup a copy of your worksheet, useful in case Prime creates other havoc...

Success!
Luc

dtn555888
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

It is bad that there is no complete solution to this problem yet. However, I noticed one thing. If the match does not unfold to full screen, but, instead, try to stretch it in a convenient way (as wide as possible, without approaching the edges of the monitor), then this problem disappears. At least my height of the white line has disappeared. I switched to the work area of the Mathcad from the taskbar about 100 times. Let other users try to do the same. Hope this helps.

P.S. Work in this mode is quite comfortable.

@LucMeekes wrote:

You are not the first to report this. It's been reported before for Prime 4:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/MathCAD-Prime-4-0-Title-Bar-expands-into-workspace/m-p/546119?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:PTCMathcad&q=workspace%20expands%20into&search_type=thread

(Sorry, the smily is not intended, it's probably due to someting in the link. Can't get rid of it.)

So far no (real) solution other than to save the worksheet, close Prime, and then restart Prime. That would be a great moment to backup a copy of your worksheet, useful in case Prime creates other havoc...

Success!
Luc

Maybe insertcode.png is the right way how to include link.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/MathCAD-Prime-4-0-Title-Bar-expands-into-workspace/m-p/546119?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:PTCMathcad&q=workspace%20expands%20into&search_type=thread

Martin Hanák
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

No, but the 'Insert/edit link', three positions to the right of the 'Insert code' thing, did it, after I stripped the text to display.

Thanks!
Luc

Top Tags