cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Wrap formula text

jdesai-2
11-Garnet

Wrap formula text

One of my math functions/formulas is too long, and it overflows into the next page. How do I make this one line formula into a two line formula, without breaking it up mathematically.Untitled.png

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jdesai-2)

Press CTRL-ENTER at the point where you want it split up. You then get a ...+ on a line below.

Success!
Luc
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

And then there is of course the more elegant notation:

LM_20171207_Wrap.png

That avoids the problem of too wide expressions altogether, AND keeps it on one line...

Success!
Luc

Thanks LucMeekes that is an excellent suggesstion. Could you please elaborate a little further, is this a vector/matrix function? Where do you get these "parenthesis" is this just shift 9..that does not seem to work

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jdesai-2)

This is just multiplication of two vectors, one containing the numbers, the other containing the powers of y.

Type CTRL-M to specify the size of the matrix (or vector, if you specify columns as 1) you need.

There's yet another method, it's essentailly the same but elaborates the vector multiplication:LM_20171207_Wrap2.png

It saves you the part where you have to fill a vector with powers of y...

Success!
Luc

Success!
Luc

Untitled.pngWhat am I missing here?

Can't evaluate a function definition

fn.PNG

Top Tags