cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

X Y Plot Axis

Snowshoe_Bob
7-Bedrock

X Y Plot Axis

In Mathcad Prime 8.0 the X and Y axis are reversed to what I normally see.  Y is usually up and down.  X is usually left to right.  Is there a way to reverse the Axis definitions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The axis are not reversed to your normal use.

The x axis (one at the bottom) is positive left to right

Capture.JPG

The y axis (on the right side) is positive down to up.

You will get used to this layout.

Here is an example.

Capture3.JPG

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

f1(1,1,1,t) is Y axis, and f2(1,1,1,t) is X axis

Cornel_0-1692722423152.png

Or you can drag f1(1,1,1,t) from right to left of the plot.

Cornel_0-1692722495365.png

Cornel_0-1692722631426.png

In all above cases: f1(1,1,1,t) is Y axis, and f2(1,1,1,t) is X axis

I see what you are pointing out.  But in the United States, f1(1,1,1,t) would be on the X axis and f2(1,1,1,t) would be on the Y axis.  The program should identify the left-right as the X-Axis.  But the program identifies this as the Y axis.  Is there a way to reverse the axis definitions inside the program?

I do not know if it is a way like you want, but you can still put f1(1,1,1,t) where f2(1,1,1,t) is right now, and then put f2(1,1,1,t) where f1(1,1,1,t) îs right now. So, to interchanged f1() with f2 on the axis...

Bob,

Implementing the axes that way has always bothered me, but PTC is an American company from Boston that decided that this is the way to go. 

Raiko

Hi,

The axis are not reversed to your normal use.

The x axis (one at the bottom) is positive left to right

Capture.JPG

The y axis (on the right side) is positive down to up.

You will get used to this layout.

Here is an example.

Capture3.JPG

Cheers

Terry

O.K... I guess it is my mistake.  Thanks for the reply!

As Terry already cleared up it seems that  you misinterpreted the position of the default placeholders for the axis expressions.

Werner_E_0-1692735904964.png
Werner_E_1-1692735914594.png

In Prime you are allowed to drag these expressions using the mouse with held left mouse button to a couple of different positions if you like that better, e.g.

Werner_E_2-1692735988834.png

And while I won't recommend doing so you may also move the axis around which makes a bit clearer that the axis expressions in their default position are connected to the correct axis as you expect - the expression at the bottom center to the horizontal x-axis and the expression to the right to the vertical y-axis

Werner_E_3-1692736196210.png

Thank you..  Yes, I misrepresented x and y axis.  My mistake.

Bob

Top Tags