cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

cannot calculate the magnitude of the normal vector to a cylinder

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

cannot calculate the magnitude of the normal vector to a cylinder

This issue continues the same problem I presented yesterday. This calculation was also easy to do in Mathcad 15, but I am having trouble getting it to work in Prime 10.

I have marked the part of the calculation sheet that is not working in yellow.

You can see that I calculated the normal to be cylinder using symbolic calculation and tried to use it afterward to calculate the magnitude of the normal vector to be used down the sheet to calculate the total current. However, now Prime 10 does not recognize the results of the symbolic calculation to obtain the magnitude of the normal vector.

See the attached file.

Thank you in advance,

Rogelio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Its a problem with Primes auto-labelling in combination with symbolic evaluations.

Turn on "Units/Constants in Symbolics" and then let the worksheet recalculate (press F9 or F5)

Werner_E_0-1724089057138.png

BTW, calculation of deltaIf calls gr three times, so the creation of the plot can be speeded up a bit by pre-calculating gr(...) and also by using less values at the abscissa:

Werner_E_1-1724089687304.png

For the calculation of It you first have to define the limits xminus and xplus. Calculation will take some time because of the double integral even if you used my slightly faster deltaIf2 function.

Werner_E_2-1724089856571.png

Prime 10 worksheet attached

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Its a problem with Primes auto-labelling in combination with symbolic evaluations.

Turn on "Units/Constants in Symbolics" and then let the worksheet recalculate (press F9 or F5)

Werner_E_0-1724089057138.png

BTW, calculation of deltaIf calls gr three times, so the creation of the plot can be speeded up a bit by pre-calculating gr(...) and also by using less values at the abscissa:

Werner_E_1-1724089687304.png

For the calculation of It you first have to define the limits xminus and xplus. Calculation will take some time because of the double integral even if you used my slightly faster deltaIf2 function.

Werner_E_2-1724089856571.png

Prime 10 worksheet attached

rdelascasas
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much, Werner,

That was an easy fix. 😁

Kind regards,

Rogelio 

Top Tags