cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

custom keyboard shortcuts?

AD_10841348
4-Participant

custom keyboard shortcuts?

Is there still no way to have custom keyboard shortcuts? I found posts dating back to 2015 saying there is no way to do that in Mathcad. That was the latest post I could find. Any chance that has changed since? Ctrl + Shift + ~ is super awkward to do for global variables.

thank you

1 REPLY 1

Unfortunately still (as of Prime 9) no way to customize keyboard shortcuts.

But you are lucky anyway because you obviously use an English system with an English keyboard. Those of us with foreign (from your point of view) language keyboard have the additional problem that many shortcuts given in the help an tooltip simply don't work the way they are shown. Some shortcuts can be found by trial and error, some seem simply be missing.
The global assignment you mention is said to be Ctrl-Shift-~ in my German Prime version, but actually is Ctrl-Shift-ö (this one was easy find with the help of a picture of an English keyboard). And yes, I agree that this keyboard short is rather awkward.
All in all a quite sloppy implementation - very annoying and a shame for a big company like PTC.

Top Tags