cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

in MathCAD Prime 2.0 How do you wrap text on a long equation that runs off the paper?

dgallo
1-Newbie

in MathCAD Prime 2.0 How do you wrap text on a long equation that runs off the paper?

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dgallo)

In Prime 2.0, you can't.

Thanks. Any suggestions on how to avoid this problem other than keeping variable names as short as possible?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

dgallo wrote:

Use bigger paper ...

I'm not familiar with Prime 2, but can you set the paper sizes to Landscape or larger sizes (eg, A3)? Or are you constrained to using A4/Letter sizes?

Sometimes I've "cheated" by defining the bulk of my equation in a function that has a short name and short variable names in the argument list. I've then (depending upon how industrious or lazy I've felt) assigned the short argument names to more reader-friendly names for use in the rest of the function. I then define my VeryLongFunctionName function plus suitably named arguments to just call the shortname function. Occasionally, I will add a comment saying what I've done and why to save the reader from trying to work out what's going on. Sometimes I'm just plain mean and leave them to their own devices ...

Stuart

Changing the paper size to a larger size sounds like a good idea. Then it can be printed to PDF using shrink to fit to print it on a A size sheet of paper. This will also help reduce the ridiculously large font used for the Math Regions. I wish there were a way to change the Math Region Fonts.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Is there any particular reason you are not using Mathcad 15?

Top Tags