cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

invalid font bis

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

invalid font bis

Hello everyone,
When I start the print preview of a Mathcad 15 worksheet and I try to print it in pdf format, I receive this message:

errore invalid font.jpg

Is it possible to determine the character that generates the error and the non-production of the pdf file?

This problem has happened to me on other occasions in the past. I ran the search excluding parts of the worksheet at each Print Preview. But it takes too much time and luck. I am looking for a faster way.
Thank you very much.

I finally found where the problem lies: it is made up of several lines of text with formulas inserted. What is the source of the non-production of the pdf file? I attach the file (it is a part of an appendix):

Special.jpg

You can find it attached:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

Try unchecking "Rely on system fonts only" in the settings of the AdobePDF printer

Werner_E_1-1632314684949.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Out of idle curiosity, does the attached xmcd file open in your version of Mathcad?  If so, does it have the same problem as you're currently seeing?

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:StuartBruff)

It is a file created with Mathcad 15 and has the same problem as the original file. The problem is just a few fonts.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

OK, thanks.  I'd just removed 3 rendering tags - I wondered if they had something to do with your problem.   I do note, however, that you have a mix of Times Roman, Arial and Courier fonts.   What happens if you change the Courier font to Times Roman?

Stuart

I am not sure if Marcello was referring to the file YOU posted, because when I try MC refuses to open your file and I get an error message saying that the file is corrupted:

Werner_E_0-1632313073359.png

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Werner_E)

Yes, that would be around the line I deleted.   I've quite forgotten how Mathcad 15 worksheets are encoded, so it's not surprising it can't read it (I suspected M15 might not read the file, but ...).

I don't suppose you know how Mathcad Prime 7 encodes text and math regions, do you?

Stuart

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It's somewhat similar. But first you have to realise that a Prime .mcdx file essentially is a .zip archive. So change the extension from .mcdx to .zip and proceed from there.

Success!
Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

I checked the fonts just now, they are all "Times New Roman" so I don't understand where the ones you indicate come from.

Anyway, I eliminated the errors simply by pasting in Paint a keyboard printout of the page containing the bad fonts and then cutting the part of the image that interests me and pasting it in the worksheet.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Try unchecking "Rely on system fonts only" in the settings of the AdobePDF printer

Werner_E_1-1632314684949.png

Top Tags