cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

memory usage grows

ptc-3172392
1-Newbie

memory usage grows

I'm using Mathcad 14 on XP Pro. I can watch MathCad through task manager from launch-to-crash and the longer it runs the more memory it uses. This continues until all available memory is used up and then you get the error that says "not enough memory for this operation." When I launch the speradsheet I'm working on currently, Mathcad is using about 50Meg. Everytime I recalc the memory useage grows. After about 10 recalcs I'm up to 1.7Gig and by then usually I get the error message. Is it possible Mathcad is hanging on to all the numerical output of each calc for undos? I've lower undos to 20 and no difference. Thanks for any guidance here.
7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3172392)

Which version of 14, and are you using symbolic math in the worksheet? Richard

The Mathcad version is 14.0.0.163 [build 701291152] I'm not using any of the symbolic functions. My spreadsheet is using the Runge-Kutta ODE solver rkfixed to solve a system of 10 state equations. The spreadsheet works fine but accumulates about the same amount of additional memory useage with each calc. It's like it's holding on to all of the data from previous calculations. Thanks
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

If you are only using 14.0 the first thing to do is download and install the latest service release. If you have a single user license that's M020. If you have an Enterprise license it's M035, but you should install M030 because M035 has a really bad memory leak. Richard

Thanks . . . I'll give that a try and let you know if it fixes the problem.

OK so I installed M020 and it runs much faster (appreciate that) but is still showing the same memory behavior (i.e. memory usage grows with each calculation until all available memory is used up). Should I also install M011 or is that integrated into M020?
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

M020 supersedes M011. Without the worksheet I can't think of any other suggestion. Maybe it's a bug, although I don't recall hearing about it. Unfortunately the main Mathcad forum has been down for over a week, so I can't search it to check if this has been reported before. Richard

OK. Thanks for your help to this point. Where is the main Mathcad forum?
Announcements

Top Tags