cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

not correct unit

SZ_11156868
4-Participant

not correct unit

Hi,

Why is my answer unit not in Volts (V), and how can I change the unit?

SZ_11156868_0-1727550936874.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:SZ_11156868)

2024 09 28 E.png

Although Mathcad is pretty smart when dealing with unit conversions, it can't handle some, such as the square root of a volt.

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StuartBruff
23-Emerald III

2024 09 28 E.png

Although Mathcad is pretty smart when dealing with unit conversions, it can't handle some, such as the square root of a volt.

Stuart

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III

Oh, and please post a worksheet containing your problem, if possible.  It saves others from typing out what you've written.  Or, rather, what you appear to have written.  There are some subtle typographical conventions that Mathcad employs that can make it difficult to see precisely what you've typed, and that may be causing your problems.

Stuart

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Square v(t) not sin only.

image.png

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

@StuartBruff 

The whole expression under the root is squared, not just the sine. So the result actually IS volt

@SZ_11156868 

The result you get is correct, but Prime choses to dispplay it using the base units of the units system you have chosen.

You always can override this by simply editing the units and replacing them with the unit(s) you would like to see. If necessary Prime will automatically change the number in front accordingly or add additional units if necessary.

@ttokoro had just shown with a screen how it look like when you change the expression in the unit placeholder of the result to V

Some examples:

Werner_E_0-1727569121465.png

EDIT:

Ahhhh!!!!

I just noticed what the problem is.

When it comes to volt, it should not be necessary to manually change it , unless ....

...unless you checked the "Base Units" button in the "Units" menu on the "Math" ribbon!

Uncheck that button and you should see "volt" immediately 🙂

Werner_E_1-1727569581814.png

StuartBruff
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Thus validating my point about posting the worksheet so that idiots don't make mistakes typing it all in! 🤓

Announcements

Top Tags