cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

plot single datapoint, together with graphs

cerichsen
1-Newbie

plot single datapoint, together with graphs

I am trying to create a Haigh-diagram for a dimensional analysis of an axel. I want to plot a single point representing my situation vs my material limits plottet as graphs. But I am not able to figure out how. Below are my two results and third is how I want it to look. Can anyone explain how I can make it work? I am also interested to know how I can control what graphs are plotted to what x-values. In the second case two of my y-expressions is automatically assigned to my last x-values, alough I only want the last y-expression to be evaluated at the last x-expression.

haigh2.JPG

haigh1.JPG

haigh3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

for each line you need to give both an X and Y trace.

(I don't think that you can use the same X trace for 2 Y traces even if it is identical.

it would confuse me never-mind Mathcad)

Capture.PNG

to show a single point you select the Plots tab (top menu) then click on the point y variable in the plot to select that trace and the symbol , line style thickness ... items will be enabled & you can select the options that you want to create the picture you want (hopefully)

Attached is in Prime 2.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Attach pls Mathcad-sheet!

Here is the mathcad document. All help would be much appreciated!

for each line you need to give both an X and Y trace.

(I don't think that you can use the same X trace for 2 Y traces even if it is identical.

it would confuse me never-mind Mathcad)

Capture.PNG

to show a single point you select the Plots tab (top menu) then click on the point y variable in the plot to select that trace and the symbol , line style thickness ... items will be enabled & you can select the options that you want to create the picture you want (hopefully)

Attached is in Prime 2.

Regards

Andy

That worked out, thank you!

Top Tags