cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

save list box

mjalali-2
1-Newbie

save list box

Hi.....

I have a list box in my worksheet and I use this worksheet as refrence,I save the worksheet and close it but when I reopen it except list box all entrances have been saved?

what can I do to save list box?

mathcad 15

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mjalali-2)

Right click on the list box and select "Mathsoft Listbox Control Object", and "Properties". Change the font to one that includes Farsi characters and I think it should work OK.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Mathcad does not save the state of listboxes etc.

Look e.g. here: TextBox Initialization

If you search the forum for 'listbox' you may find many more info.

Luc

Use Web list box

yes but I cant edit the font in web list box so the words are too smal,isnt there any way?

Concerning the saving of the state of a component you might want to look at Richards Saving the state of controls.zip

For getting inspiration concerning components you might look at his Extra Components and Controls

Concerning changing the font size, style, color of a scripted text box (not a web control of course). maybe the attached file helps. The file was made as a reponse to soem questions in thje past and so the second part of the content of that file does not relate to your question.

Werner

thanks alot but the vb script dont know persian (farsi) words and show the words as?????????.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Right click on the list box and select "Mathsoft Listbox Control Object", and "Properties". Change the font to one that includes Farsi characters and I think it should work OK.

yes by the farsi fonts and Arial I cant write farsi in script

I ask this question programmer, he answer me  visusl basic dont know farsi but other programming language such as C SHARP and PHP know farsi

I try all ways but the onle way is the second example of Saving the state of controls.zip

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I think the first example doesn't work not because of a limitation of VBscript, but because of the limitations of the textbox that's used to store the contents of the listbox. As long as you got the second example to work for you I guess it's a moot point as to why the first one doesn't work though.

NO,if you make a list box by input  out of vb (input as a matrix) you can have a farsi list box with our any limitation

By this example Extra Components and Controls I succeed

Thanks....

mehdi jalali wrote:

By this example Extra Components and Controls I succeed

Thanks....

Great! Richards collection always is an inspiration.

I guess we could change the font in the script so Farsi characters are enabled, but I am lacking the experience to do so.

WE

EDIT: If simply changing the font would do the job, as Richard suspected, then you could change the hard coded font "Arial" in the Script of the Text boxes I sent. Or delete the hard coded font from the script and proceed as Richard suggested.

I was thinking of enabling code pages, etc., but maybe I was thinking too complicated.

Top Tags