cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

solve cot(x)+e^(x-pi)-1/((e^(pi))*((e^(x*i))^i))=0 for 6<x<13 ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

solve cot(x)+e^(x-pi)-1/((e^(pi))*((e^(x*i))^i))=0 for 6<x<13 ?

Hi,

I.PNGsee : https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=solve+cot(x)%2Be%5E(x-pi)-1%2F((e%5E(pi))*((e%5E(x*i))%5Ei))%3D0+for+6%3Cx%3C13

If someone could explain above the above, please help.

Best Regards.

Loi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:lvl107)

Guess you found out that uncle Wolfram isn't perfect, either.

You get different solutions depending on if you chose 6<x<10 or 6<x<13 and you get the same solution twice - too bad!

For another funny effect you may click on "More digits". All in a sudden Wolfram offers two more solutions and both are not within the constraints.

Looks like the world isn't perfect and math progs aren't, too 😞

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

This should do it, together with all help you've received over the past days explaining the ins and outs of dealing with exp(i) in various forms:

LM_20181101_cot(x).png

Success!

Luc

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:LucMeekes)

Luc, I guess there is a misunderstanding my question :

IIa.PNGI need a explanation about how to get the second solution, x = 6.237916547633475

see : https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=solve+cot(x)%2Be%5E(x-pi)-1%2F((e%5E(pi))*((e%5E(x*i))%5Ei))%3D0+for+6%3Cx%3C10

Best Regards.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

I need help explanation about the Missing solution - How to get the second solution x = 6.237916547633475 from that formula, from that hint.

Best Regards.

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:LucMeekes)

I have just done for solving one of other missing solution "by hand" with root function and guess value x = 12.566289908047107. ( that is the reason for explanation how to get other missing soution from that formula, from that hint.

Best Regards.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Or : I need help explanation about the Missing solutions - How to get the other solutions from 6<x<13,  from that formula, from that hint.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Guess you found out that uncle Wolfram isn't perfect, either.

You get different solutions depending on if you chose 6<x<10 or 6<x<13 and you get the same solution twice - too bad!

For another funny effect you may click on "More digits". All in a sudden Wolfram offers two more solutions and both are not within the constraints.

Looks like the world isn't perfect and math progs aren't, too 😞

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Yes. I guess so, Werner.Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy  and anyway I guess we would have to solve it "by hand" with root function and guess values. And another example :

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=solve+tan(x)%2Be%5E(x-(pi%2F2))-1%2F((e%5E(pi%2F2))*((e%5E(x*i))%5Ei))%3D0

b1.PNGb2.PNGRegards.

Top Tags