cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Accessing Kepserver tag from external code

Sri1
13-Aquamarine

Accessing Kepserver tag from external code

Hi,

There is requirement, that in a particular condition a Tag's value in the Kepserver has to be changed.

I can detect that particular condition externally (though nodejs service), now how do I access this Kepserver tag from my nodejs service.

Is there any API that Kepserver provides to connect to its device tags and alter.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sri1

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBlack
4-Participant
(To:Sri1)

Greetings,

KEPServer has the ability to enable our Config API to make changes to channel/device/tag properties, but not the tag values. You would need to use some sort of client application to make those changes, Kepware does not have a client that is provided apart from the OPC Quick client, which is just a test tool

Kind Regards,

Andrew Black

Senior Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewBlack
4-Participant

Greetings,

KEPServer has the ability to enable our Config API to make changes to channel/device/tag properties, but not the tag values. You would need to use some sort of client application to make those changes, Kepware does not have a client that is provided apart from the OPC Quick client, which is just a test tool

Kind Regards,

Andrew Black

Senior Technical Support Engineer

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Sri1.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags