cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Add Custom State

nahuel
14-Alexandrite

Add Custom State

How can I do the following?

- Add a new custom state to an Asset.

- Modify state's display text. For example, I'd like to change "Running" into "Funcionando".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nahuel
14-Alexandrite
(To:abjain)

Hi @abjain ,

As for future reference, in case anybody gets here.

I looked at Manufacturing Apps 8.5 documentation and found out that the feature that I was looking for is now out-of-the-box. Precisely, now there can be 9 possible statuses (no more).

It's a feature that was added in 8.5 release. I will upgrade from 8.4 into 8.5.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nahuel)

Hi @nahuel.

The best place to start is to review the information in the Help Center.

For creating a new state definition, refer to this page.  For adding the new custom state to an Asset, please provide more information. Are you intending to use the new state in a Mashup?

In regard to changing the text, please refer to this post on localization tables.

Regards.

--Sharon

nahuel
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon. Thanks for your reply. I'll give a look to those resources.

Yes, the goal is to display the new custom state (as if it were a built-in one) in all the Manufacturing App mashups that display Asset's state.

nahuel
14-Alexandrite

Hi @slangley. Any suggestions on this?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nahuel.

I'm afraid I'm not understanding in regard to your request for suggestions.  Did you take a look at the links provided in my previous post?  If you still have questions, please provide the specifics.

Regards.

--Sharon

nahuel
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi, @slangley 

The link for changing the text was helpful, thanks.

In regard to adding a custom state to an Asset, let me quote Manufacturing Apps docs 

"On the Status screen,the possible states for the equipment are defined.There are 6 states provided by default:NotConfigured,PlannedDowntime,Warning,Running,UnplannedDowntime, and Unavailable. Of these states,the expressions for PlannedDowntime,Warning,Running, and UnplannedDowntime can be defined"

I'd like to add another state and to define its expression (just like PlannedDowntime,Warning,Running, and UnplannedDowntime states). Let's call that state MyCustomState.

So instead of 6 states, I'd have 7 states. Of these 7 states,the expressions for PlannedDowntime,Warning,Running,UnplannedDowntime and MyCustomState could be defined

Then I'd like to see MyCustomState state in every Mashup where the Asset Status is displayed.

I attached two pictures as examples.

Any suggestions on how to achieve that?

Let me know if you need further details.

Regards,

Nahuel

abjain
13-Aquamarine

Hi @nahuel ,

You can go through the manufacturing apps guide for that. There are many customization scenarios which could be additionally be helpful. For your query, please go thorugh this section from the document:

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsCust%2Fcustomizing_the_default_status_expressions_for_custom_equipment_templates.html%23

Regards,

Abhinav

abjain
13-Aquamarine

Hi @nahuel , You can go through the manufacturing apps guide for that. There are many customization scenarios which could be additionally be helpful. For your query, please go thorugh this section from the document: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsCust%2Fcustomizing_the_default_status_expressions_for_custom_equipment_templates.html%23 Regards, Abhinav
nahuel
14-Alexandrite
(To:abjain)

Hi @abjain ,

As for future reference, in case anybody gets here.

I looked at Manufacturing Apps 8.5 documentation and found out that the feature that I was looking for is now out-of-the-box. Precisely, now there can be 9 possible statuses (no more).

It's a feature that was added in 8.5 release. I will upgrade from 8.4 into 8.5.

Regards

abjain
13-Aquamarine

@nahuel  Great to hear that. For custom equipment templates, you can off course use the earlier document shared for status expressions

Top Tags