cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Asset Advisor monitored data

Rmcrabb
9-Granite

Asset Advisor monitored data

I have an asset setup in Asset Adviser. I setup a tag in trending and troubleshooting per the instructions i found in one of the online tutorials. The trend doesnt show up in Monitored Properties from the asset adviser page. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:Rmcrabb)

Hey i am sorry, i forgot to mention that.

Yes there are scheduler in the system to reinitialize configuration data like the monitored property lists.

you can disable the responsive scheduler: PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetInitializationScheduler

For more details see Customization Guide page 41

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/99B4D4DE487C441096DF3FC5FE36C575.pdf?sc_lang=en

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Rmcrabb,

For displaying properties in Monitored Properties on asset adviser page, you need to add properties on the Additional Properties screen in configuration and setup of asset.
You can add static properties or properties that pull their value from connected servers (aggregate or non-aggregate) such as from KEPServerEX or from external data sources. These also display on the Additional Properties page of an asset detail in Asset Advisor. For each property, you can view the property name, current value, and property type (whether it is Static or Bound). You can also see if the property is currently used in any expressions, trends, or alerts.

From the Trending and Troubleshooting page, you can create trends to visualize data. You can use this to track trends that use KEPServerEX tags or properties for equipment.

Please refer ThingWorx Apps Setup and Configuration Guide for details.

Thanks,

Himanshu

I have the Additional Properties of my Asset setup per the manual. I still see nothing in the monitored properties mashup. 

Hi @Rmcrabb,

Can you please confirm if you have added static or bound properties from asset configuration and setup.

If it is static, it is visible under Additional Properties on Assert advisor. If it is bound, then it is visible under Monitored and Additional Properties both.

Also please share screenshot of additional properties of asset configuration and setup.

Thanks,

Himanshu

All my properties are setup as static. I'm pushing values to my thing via rest API.

Properties.JPG

SebB
12-Amethyst

Static Properties are not displayed in the Monitored Properties section.

To add other properties to the Monitored Properties you have to do a customization/change on the Thing in the composer. each asset has a infotable property "monitoredProperties", add the name of your property to it.

Seb
PTC
Rmcrabb
9-Granite
(To:SebB)

I added my property to this table and it did show the property on the monitored properties mashup. But it seemed to be overwritten while leaving the thingworx server run overnight. Is there a service running that maybe overwriting this table?

SebB
12-Amethyst

Hey i am sorry, i forgot to mention that.

Yes there are scheduler in the system to reinitialize configuration data like the monitored property lists.

you can disable the responsive scheduler: PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetInitializationScheduler

For more details see Customization Guide page 41

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/99B4D4DE487C441096DF3FC5FE36C575.pdf?sc_lang=en

Seb
PTC
Top Tags