cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

BMCoreUI conflict with MFA 8.5.2

Iker
6-Contributor

BMCoreUI conflict with MFA 8.5.2

Hello,

I wanted to use the unofficial BMCoreUI extension and found that when I install it, I get an empty list of assets in the asset advisor. It seems to conflict with the official Collection Widget.

Does anybody have experience on using MFA along with the BMCoreUI extension? How did you solve the incompatibility problem?

Thank you.

Regards,

Iker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iker
6-Contributor
(To:Iker)

The developer has released a new project that merges BMCoreUI and all of its dependent widgets into a single package whose contents are wrapped in an IIFE to avoid any conflict with the declarations in the Thingworx runtime, essentially causing Core UI and its widgets to live in their own private scope.

You can find it here: https://github.com/ptc-iot-sharing/BMCoreUIWidgets

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Iker.

Where did you obtain the BMCoreUI extension?  If you can provide more information, and your steps for recreating the issue, we can test it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

Iker
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

The BMCoreUI is available at GitHub https://github.com/ptc-iot-sharing/BMCoreUI 

On the latest versions of Thingworx there is a compatibility issue with the collection widget and I was wondering if any other user was able to find a fix / workaround to be able to use this extension.

Thank you.

Regards,

Iker

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Iker.

I'm trying to track down someone who may be able to respond to your inquiry.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @Iker 

The BMCoreUI you used is not part of the platform widgets, it's just one of the community supported widgets.

I see that you already did asked about this on that repository's issue system.

I reinforce Bogdan's answer, to use the supported widgets.  I also strongly advise to open a bug or enhancement request for the feature you need with the standard collection widget, because, that is the only way in which things can improve.

Of course, if somebody sees this and can provide a fix for your issue, he/she should be free to do it here.

Iker
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi

The reason for wanting to use BMCoreUI and BMCollection is that it is similar to the official Collection Widget but it allows us to use different widgets with different sizes, all loaded from an infotable. Apart from this, the responsive effect is better as it orders widgets of different sizes and allows us to separate the widgets in different sections.
I hope you can consider including these improvements to the official Collection Widget.

Regards,
Iker

@Iker 

Got it.

I agree & like those features. The best way to let PTC know about this is the following:

-open a Tech Support case related to the platform Collection Widget and describe what you can't do and ask if there is a way to do this. Even if that doesn't solve your issue, the feedback goes into our internal tracking system, which we use when prioritizing bugfixes or enhancements.

-Post your request here, in parallel:  https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/idb-p/thingworxideas

Note (sorry about the length): I realize that's an additional amount of work.  There are PTC personnel looking in this forum, and obviously we are also the voice of the customer, but typically the feedback that we give is to improve "everything": have the perfect Grid, have the perfect Button, the perfect logging mechanism. This feedback is not structured at our level, because depending on the situation we are in, we consider a certain feature as the most important in the world.  That happens at the Product Management level, and they are always looking for real customer feedback.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Iker.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Iker
6-Contributor

The developer has released a new project that merges BMCoreUI and all of its dependent widgets into a single package whose contents are wrapped in an IIFE to avoid any conflict with the declarations in the Thingworx runtime, essentially causing Core UI and its widgets to live in their own private scope.

You can find it here: https://github.com/ptc-iot-sharing/BMCoreUIWidgets

Top Tags