cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can not read value of property in KepServerEX 6.5.

Asiya
9-Granite

Can not read value of property in KepServerEX 6.5.

I use KepServerEX 6.5. I can not read value of device property. Device has property value stored in series of registers and this value must be appear as "string". I can't find appropriate format for display it in Kepware Property Editor. When i use formats "word" or "string" I can not see value of the property. How can I resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aservetas
12-Amethyst
(To:Asiya)

Please take a look in the help document for that driver under the 'String Access to Registers' section on page 58 of the PDF here:

https://www.kepware.com/en-us/products/kepserverex/drivers/ge-ethernet/documents/ge-ethernet-manual.pdf

An example of a tag address you could use would be as follows:

R100-R200 M H

Best regards,

Andy Servetas
Senior Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
aservetas
12-Amethyst

In order to properly answer this question. we would need to know more about what driver you are using within KEPServerEx, and the type of device you are trying to read from.

Each communication protocol is different, and depending on the type of device you are requesting the data from the driver may or may not be able to concatenate multiple registers into a single readable string data type.

Best regards,

Andy Servetas

Asiya
9-Granite
(To:aservetas)

In KepServerEX I use driver: GE Ethernet and device model: GE OPEN. The device from which I receive data: robot Fanuc

aservetas
12-Amethyst

Please take a look in the help document for that driver under the 'String Access to Registers' section on page 58 of the PDF here:

https://www.kepware.com/en-us/products/kepserverex/drivers/ge-ethernet/documents/ge-ethernet-manual.pdf

An example of a tag address you could use would be as follows:

R100-R200 M H

Best regards,

Andy Servetas

Asiya
9-Granite
(To:aservetas)

Thank you very much! Everything is working.

Top Tags