cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Cannot install ThingWorx MFG App.

Nuttaphon
5-Regular Member

Cannot install ThingWorx MFG App.

Dear All,

After I uninstall MFG App, I cannot install it anymore. The error message show in the picture below. I have tried to restart services in Thingworx Server but it dose not work. Could you please advise me for the solution.

ThingWorx MFG App error.jpg

Best Regards,

Nuttaphon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Nuttaphon)

Hi @Nuttaphon.

Once the license expires for the freemium/dev kit, you have the following choices:

1) Install the freemium/dev kit on a different Windows machine--one that was not previously used for ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.

2) Reinstall your o/s to remove the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps artifacts and then reinstall ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.

3) Purchase an entitlement to ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.  The temporary license delivered with the freemium/dev kit versions can then be replaced with the commercial license without the need to reinstall the product.

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Greeting @Nuttaphon,

To troubleshoot the problem, we will need to confirm the following:

1) What is the Windows operating system you are using for this installation?
2) Are the .NET 3.5 and 4.5 Frameworks installed?
3) Which version of Manufacturing apps was installed on this machine previously?

Thanks,

Himanshu

Nuttaphon
5-Regular Member
(To:hchanana)

Dear Himanshu,

Please see my answer below.

1) What is the Windows operating system you are using for this installation?

- Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
2) Are the .NET 3.5 and 4.5 Frameworks installed?

- Yes.
3) Which version of Manufacturing apps was installed on this machine previously?

- MFG 8.0.1

However, I need to reinstall same version again after uninstall it but it cannot install anymore.

Could you please advise me for the solution?

Best Regards,

Nuttaphon

Greetings @Nuttaphon,

Please check the PostgreSQL install log located at <Install directory>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps\Factory-Installer.log:

If you are getting the following error in the logs:

Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster

Please try the below steps :

1)    Manually create a data folder outside of Program Files\PostgreSQL9.40\data in the root partition
2)    Assign full control permissions to Everyone
3)    Re-run the install selecting the data folder created in step 1 above

Please note Freemium edition license remains valid for 30 days only. If your license is expired, no ThingWorx instance will start without a paid license.
Freemium apps (Express and Developer) can be installed on a clean Windows operating system only (no previous installs for ThingWorx or Freemium apps)

Thanks,

Himanshu

Nuttaphon
5-Regular Member
(To:hchanana)

Dear Himanshu,

I cannot found your error message in my log. Could you please see my log in the attached and advise me for next solution.

Best Regards,

Nuttaphon

Greetings @Nuttaphon,

Would you be willing to try to the latest release of the Manufacturing Apps?

Per earlier comments, the current release (8.2) features additional functionality and improvements-- including installer fixes-- implemented since the 8.0 release. You may find it is best to download and install ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.2 (either Express or Dev Kit). Links to these downloads can be found here:

Getting Started with the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Community

Best regards,

Steven M

Nuttaphon
5-Regular Member
(To:stmarchessault)

Dear All,

Our staff can fix this problem. The problem is ThingWorx's license expired.

Thank you for everybody.

Best Regards,

Nuttaphon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Nuttaphon)

Hi @Nuttaphon.

Once the license expires for the freemium/dev kit, you have the following choices:

1) Install the freemium/dev kit on a different Windows machine--one that was not previously used for ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.

2) Reinstall your o/s to remove the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps artifacts and then reinstall ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.

3) Purchase an entitlement to ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.  The temporary license delivered with the freemium/dev kit versions can then be replaced with the commercial license without the need to reinstall the product.

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Greetings @Nuttaphon,

I can see you are currently trying to install ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.0. The current release (8.2) features additional functionality and improvements-- including installer fixes-- implemented since the 8.0 release. You may find it is best to download and install ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.2 (either Express or Dev Kit). Links to these downloads can be found here:

Getting Started with the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Community

If you are certain you would rather continue with the 8.0 install, follow up on the questions posed by Himanshu to proceed with troubleshooting that version.

Please let us know what you decide, and how it goes.

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags