cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Customize Alert Email Notification Content

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

Customize Alert Email Notification Content

Is there a way to customize the email message template that is used when I create an Alert via the Configuration and Setup app? 

I know that I can go into Composer and change the content of each individual Notification entity, but I don't want to have to make adjustments to every single one that our users create.  I want to change the format.  

I've looked into the possibility of Adding a Custom Notification Handler (ptc.com), but I don't think the Configuration and Setup app can be used to create alerts that will use this custom handler.  If this is possible, I'd love to know how to do it.

For reference, I'm using ThingWorx 9.1.2 and ThingWorx Apps 9.1.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Ascherer17 ,

We do not have any documentation on creating customized email templates for alerts. As this is a customization, we are limited in what we can provide, and would recommend that you reach out to your Client Success Manager contact about a services engagement if you desire customized solution assistance.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/apps/r9.1/en/#page/thingworx_apps/Exploring_the_Apps/configuring_alerts.html

You are correct that the Custom Notification Handler does not have this capability, as that process is designed for notifications outside the SMS or Email options.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Ascherer17 ,

We do not have any documentation on creating customized email templates for alerts. As this is a customization, we are limited in what we can provide, and would recommend that you reach out to your Client Success Manager contact about a services engagement if you desire customized solution assistance.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/apps/r9.1/en/#page/thingworx_apps/Exploring_the_Apps/configuring_alerts.html

You are correct that the Custom Notification Handler does not have this capability, as that process is designed for notifications outside the SMS or Email options.

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags