cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Existing Installation Error

ttosun
1-Newbie

Existing Installation Error

Hello,

I had an earlier version of Manufacturing Apps installed. I downloaded the new version and tried to upgrade it. When I click the setup, I get an .NET Framework error, even though I've added the .NET Features and done the Windows Updates. After I click "Continue" I see the Installation pane but I get the error on the ss below constantly in every click. I clicked "Next" to unistall the earlier version but nothing happens? Do you have any ideas about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Milan,

It was version 1.1.0. I found the installation folder and using the uninstall.exe, I uninstalled the earlier version. Now I have succesfully installed and configured the latest version of Manufacturing Apps.

Thank you all for your help!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

I never seen this error before. Can you try the following?

1. Restart your computer

2. Go to Windows features. Can you provide the screen shot? You will need both NET 3.5 and NET 4.x

3. If you have both, can you try running again?

Thanks,

Varathan

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ttosun)

Steven MarchessaultMilan Thakker​ may be able to assist.

It looks like you are upgrading the existing installation. The installer doesn't support the upgrade at this time. You should try uninstalling the existing version before reinstalling. You should able to export and import your data.

Thanks,

Varathan

Hello Varathan,

I had both NET 3.5 and NET 4.x installed but I removed and re-installed them. (It is not recommended to remove .NET features because it removes the GUI also on Server 2012 R2, I was not aware of this then.)

But these procedures seem to have no effect on the errors. Kinex is not listed on Programs and Features of Control Panel and I cannot use Manufacturing Apps to uninstall. How do I uninstall earlier version?

mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:ttosun)

Hi Tahsin,

It depends on how you originally installed these features.  Did you install the old BETA version of the software through the installer?  Can you give me an approximate time frame so I know what version you installed?

Thanks,

Milan

Hi Milan,

It was version 1.1.0. I found the installation folder and using the uninstall.exe, I uninstalled the earlier version. Now I have succesfully installed and configured the latest version of Manufacturing Apps.

Thank you all for your help!

Hello Tahsin,

Thank you for confirming the path you took to resolve your original question. Other users with a similar question, please note, the Mfg Apps Express and Dev Kit uninstall application can be found here:

<Install path>\ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps

For a separate discussion of this, including screenshots, see this thread:

I'm looking for uninstall.exe (for uninstallation).

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags