cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to assign "Units" in "Additional Properties". Manufacturing Apps 8.5.2

olatz
12-Amethyst

How to assign "Units" in "Additional Properties". Manufacturing Apps 8.5.2

Hi,

Does anybody know how can be "Units" assigned to a property in Manufacturing Apps 8.5.2?

I thought that we could do this from the "Configuration and Setup" option, in the "Additional Properties" menu, but there is no option to do it in the screen. Although it is explained in the help center how to do it, it is imposible to do it from this screen.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsSetupConfig%2Fadditional_properties.html

Thanks

Olatz.

4 REPLIES 4
ganeja
11-Garnet
(To:olatz)

Hi @olatz !

Platform does not have official API to update units.
Some hack (updateEntity) was used in code to mitigate that but that hack is causing deadlock issues  

So while we are waiting for official API to update units ()
We need to disable units on Additional Properties page
This will avoid the bug " Units are not persisting in Composer after being created in MFG Additional Properties"

you cannot edit the units however, they are displayed as an information for the user.

So i believe for now it working as expected .

olatz
12-Amethyst
(To:ganeja)

Hi @ganeja

In you reply, you said that "you cannot edit the units however, they are displayed as an information for the user.

So i believe for now it working as expected.", but, how did you asign a value to the unit for the first time? I don't want to change them, I just want to give an initial value to the units for every property in the list.

Thanks

Olatz.

ganeja
11-Garnet

Hi @olatz !

I believe while performing import of equipment using a sheet you assign value to Unit . 

Could you please try this way .

Thanks

Gunjan Aneja 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @olatz.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for participating in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags